06 October, 2012

October 6 All ABOARD!

1874
The Maryborough to Dunolly Railway line was officially opened.
13 miles long the first station was Havelock, followed by Bet Bet then Dunolly.
The goods shed was tastefully decorated with evergreens, music bands played, a banquet was enjoyed in the goods shed to which 100 sat down to eat, with a ball in the evening in the town hall.
Train noted to be smoother than those on the Maryborough-Castlemaine line.

So, stable that gee-gee and get thee to the station!
Photobucket

No comments:

ShareThis