14 August, 2015
August 14 On This Day in Dunolly & District History
1865 Havelock Post Office (2) opened.
14-15 1871 A reception of Japanese and European artists –including Yama Moto, Matz-Noski and Kami Sama the tightrope walking girl in clogs, European tenors, Irish comic vocalists and Donato the one-legged dancer - was held in the Dunolly Town Hall.
1886 The Dunolly Church of England bazaar closed with takings of over 200 pounds.
1935 Mr W. Macrae applied for a motor bus licence to carry children to school.
Dunolly Church of England under construction 1868.