14 August, 2016

August 14 ‪#‎OnThisDay‬ in ‪#‎Dunolly‬ & District ‪#‎History‬


1865 The Havelock Post Office (2) opened.

14-15 1871 A reception of Japanese and European artists –including Yama Moto, Matz-Noski and Kami Sama the tightrope walking girl in clogs, European tenors, Irish comic vocalists and Donato the one-legged dancer - was held in the Dunolly Town Hall.

1886 The Dunolly Church of England bazaar closed with takings of over 200 pounds.

1935 Mr W. Macrae applied for a motor bus licence to carry children to school.


 photo DunollyBankofVictoriac1895-c1910_zpsb1231825.jpg

ShareThis