16 September, 2016

September 16 #OnThisDay in #Dunolly & DIstrict #History



1860 A topaz the size of an egg was found at Dunolly.


1862 A site for the Dunolly Town Hall was permanently reserved on the site where the former court house now stands (originally built as town hall).


1884 A company for drying and canning fruit is being established at Dunolly.


1912 The Avoca River at Dunolly and Rathscar was reported to be running over the bridge. The farmers had received warning, and had succeeded in getting much of their stock clear, but crops and fencing have been laid waste.


1916 The hospital bazaar closed after raising 100 pounds, when coupled with the money raised from the Hospital Queen Competition of 600 pounds it will put the hospital in a financial position.


2016 Carisbrook residents closely watch the Tullaroop Dam as the weather bureau predicts more rain for next week. Four houses were flooded at Dunolly.

No comments:

ShareThis