17 September, 2016
September 17 #OnTHisDay in #Dunolly & District #History
1871 St Mary’s Catholic church was opened by Bishop Gould of Melbourne.
1888 The Tarnagulla, Irishtown and Murphy's Flat Butter Factory was closed.
1898 Dunolly-born AA Middleton won the 100 miles road championship in cycling.
1906 Annual bicycle parade and Sunday charity service were held in Eddington where the collection amounted to 7 pounds 5/4.
1937 Mr Norman Hosier, registrar of the Victorian Swimming Association will resign his position as he’s been appointed Postmaster at Dunolly.
1949 Trainee nurse vacancies and that of a double certificate sister were advertised at Dunolly Hospital.