1867 Mr Larner, the watchmaker of Albert-street, has received a specimen of white clay, from Dunolly, that hears so close a resemblance to Meerchaum that it is difficult to distinguish one from the other. The texture is fine as porcelain, and so hard as to bear a beautiful polish. Mr Larner is now engaged in curving a pipe-bowl from the clay, that will bear comparison with some of the imported articles.
1873 A meeting was held at Frayne’s Commercial Hotel to form the Dunolly Football Club.
1893 Earthquake shocks x 3 were felt at Dunolly, and other surrounding areas at 1.15am, with sufficient strength as to rock masonry buildings on their foundations.
1900 A landmark on the Newbridge to Bridgewater road known as Day’s Brewery, at Newbridge, was completely destroyed in a fire.
1925 Mr Grigg who was stationed in Dunolly for some time through his work at the Forestry Dept is being transferred to Mildura. He was captain of the Dunolly FC; Mr Grigg was entertained by members of the team and several friends at a social evening where he was presented with a clock, a set of carvers and a silver sugar scoop.
1934 Culnakyle, a weatherboard house at Betley, home of district pioneers Mr & Mrs James Forbes (then deceased) burnt to the ground.