02 October, 2017

October 1 Nganko Nyawiyu



1862 Town Hall, Dunolly
The foundation stone of this, the first municipal building at Dunolly,  was laid by Municipal Chairman  James Bell.

1863 Dunolly was declared a Borough.

 1878 The Archdale Post Office opened.

 1889 Simson’s Railway Station post office (renamed from Shaw’s Reef Railway Station) opened.

1919 The Peace Loan – Dunolly has raised 24, 450 pounds which is 12 times its allotted quota.

 1927 At the quarterly meeting of the Dunolly and Tarnagulla Methodist circuit strong opposition was taken to the proposed totaliser legislation and a resolution of protest was to be sent to the Premier.

No comments:

ShareThis